Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Plan B

I knit just a few rows on the stole last weekend and came to the sad realization that it was just not going to get done in time for birthday giving. I'm not throwing in the towel, but I'm just not in the right mood for it at the moment. It will either be a Christmas gift ... or a Groundhog Day gift (this woman celebrates everything!).

Accordingly, Plan B was called upon: Orange socks. Once again from More Sensational Knitted Socks. Stitch pattern is Hourglass Eyelets. Yarn is from Jayne's shop - wonderfully soft and squishy superwash merino.




While I was knitting these, I kept being reminded of the early years of the Montreal Expos baseball and one of my favourite players, Rusty Staub - known in Montreal as Le Grand Orange. I'm not that much of a baseball fan now, but those were the good old days (I can't believe I'm using that phrase) of the very small Jarry Park where you were practically sitting on the field with the team.

That was 1969. Sheesh, I'm feeling old.

In other news: I finally got my Ravelry invitation!!
Code name: EterKnitty.

6 comments:

Joan said...

Fab orange socks!

Made you my friend on Ravelry. ;-} LMK if you need help.

Joan said...

PS..G, you can knock off a quick entrelac scarf in a self-striping yarn in a few short days and dazzle yourself. You will then klunk yourself in the head and say, "why the heck was I thinking THAT was hard?" ;-p

junior_goddess said...

Those are some wunnerful socks!

jayne said...

Wow!! Ghislaine I'm drooling over all three pairs of socks. They look amazing. Can't believe that's my yarn (I'm so proud...). I never fail to be surprised at how it knits up. The Twilight ones look perfect -- they're staying that way now, right? :)

LisaW. said...

Groovy orange socky goodness!

Grace said...

you are an awesome sock knitter, really truly awesome!