Sunday, May 18, 2008

Creamsicle Hearts

I remember eating Creamsicles when I was a kid. I was reminded of their coolness and creaminess each time I picked up the needles on this project.

I wasn't sure about the stripes when I started, but I like the finished look. I rather enjoy non-traditional colours for baby things. I added an extra repeat of the pattern so that it would start and end with an orange row. It shrank four inches length-wise on wash/dry.

It will be gifted this week to one of my co-workers who is expecting in July.

Pattern: "Precious in Pink" from Leisure Arts Book #3219 Our Best Knit Baby Afghans
Yarn: Schoeller Portofino Soufflé
Needles: Circulars - Knit Picks 4.5mm
Pre-Wash size: 36"x53"
After Wash/Dry: 36"x49"

On the needles

A Crest of the Wave scarf in lovely 100% Spun Silk from Clever Cat Knits.

I wanted this to be a quick knit so I picked a pattern I had already used. I like crest of the wave - it is easily memorized; pattern the right side row, purl the wrong side row for eight rows and then knit both right and wrong side for four rows. Simple, right? So someone explain how I managed, seven inches into the scarf, to start knitting every wrong side row and did not notice this for another six inches!! Sometimes I wonder about me. Anyway, it has been frogged and re-knit. I should be done with it tomorrow.

Stash Improvement

This week brought to you from the friendly people at Sonny & Shear. They have a lovely selection of yarns. My chosen yarn came nicely packaged and ribboned, with a lovely note - handwritten no less - and some tea.

That's all for now. I'm off to see if can do a couple of loads of laundry ... I thought I'd be the only fool doing this on a Sunday evening but it turns out there are a whole lot of other people in this building with nothing better to do.


smariek said...

Way to go with the blanket! You knit them so fast. Something like that would take me years (well, the last one I worked on took years).

Grace Yaskovic said...

love the blanket, I still have to get that book, I enjoy the crest of the wave scarf too, another great one for silk is the Easy Flame stitch its such a pretty scarf, I nabbed it off Ravelry

junior_goddess said...

Hey, those blankies are nice looking! You reminded me, I need to send YOU a pay it forward. In the meantime, I tagged you for a meme.

(Rolling your eyes?)