Monday, June 23, 2008

Swallowtail Shawl Progress

Last week I finally made a yarn selection for the swallowtail shawl - Malabrigo lace in a lovely purple colour.

The first section (budding lace) was knit quickly, even though I added 10 repeats to the 14 called for in the pattern so that the shawl would be a bit larger.



Although the pattern calls for nupps in the Lily of the Valley section, I opted for beads. The photo doesn't do the beads justice - they match the shawl colours perfectly. I have never done beading before and so far it has gone remarkably well. I am using the crochet hook method. I am already on the last few rows - it should be done by the end of the week.



Last week I knit for a secret project. Here is a sneak peek until it is no longer a secret. Hourglass lace pattern in Elann Peruvian Highland Wool - Colour: Nutmeg Heather Heather.



Additions to my Knitting Library

I received some great new books from my son and his girlfriend as birthday gifts:



I am happy to finally have Elizabeth Zimmerman's Opinionated Knitter - it was the only one of her books I didn't own.

I haven't yet opened the Japanese knitting stitches book - that should keep me enthralled for hours!



Stash Improvement for this week:

1 comment:

smariek said...

You've been busy! I love the color of your shawl. And what wonderful gifts.