Tuesday, May 8, 2007

Here a Sock, There a Sock ...

I received my new HP R967 camera last Thursday and I have been reading the instruction manual (yup, I'm one of those people) and playing around with this great new toy. The large 3" screen is just wonderful!

I lined up all the socks for their official portraits:

The one that started it all - Elann Sock It To Me Yarn - The basic pattern from Socks Soar on Two Circulars.



Same basic pattern in Regia Ringel. Notice how the stripes match? I'm "one of those" too!



I then discovered Charlene Schurch's Sensational Knitted Socks and Fleece Artist merino sock yarn.



Sweet Georgia Yarn - I believe that's my favourite yarn so far. Wonderfully soft.



Applelaine Apple Pie Yarn is also lovely, but there were loads of knots in both skeins.



Reynolds Swizzle.



Plain socks in KnitPicks Memories.



Garter Rib in Super Soxx.



More Garter Rib in Socks That Rock lightweight - Scottish Highlands colourway.



Garter Rib (notice a trend?) in Lorna's Shepherd Sock.



Gryffindor socks in Regia Nation colors. I've knit two pairs of these so far. This pair is mine; the other one went to an office buddy who is also a Harry Potter nut.



What to do with all the leftover sock yarn? A blanket, of course.

I toyed with the idea of doing mittered or log cabin squares but then decided I wanted to knit something as mindless as possible. Mindless is a good thing when all the other knitting is being abandonned because of full-moon hijinks (my jaywalkers have come to a screeching halt).

I cast on 50 sts and am knitting in sock heel stitch - just because I like the texture. I bought black yarn to use as separator and I plan on picking up and knitting black borders on either side of the strip.



Now that I look at this picture, I note that some of that sock yarn wasn't used for socks.

... a few minute of digging through old CDs ...

and here is a cute baby sweater - from a pattern in one of those Pattern-A-Day calendars from a couple of years back.



Nice to have all these pictures to share when I have little to talk about!

This new camera of mine also takes videos. I kept it near me all weekend long in case Mrs. Weasley did something cute which would be worth filming. No luck ... the minute I pointed the camera at her, she would just sit down and stare at me. The only cute pose she struck all weekend long:

5 comments:

Grace said...

adore all of those socks and am a bit envious, I haven't even attempted to make socks although I appreciate their beauty, softness and the desire to accumulate more, its why I knit so many shawls!

benne said...

Fantastic socks! You know, Ghislaine, I hear the Sweet Georgia yarn is wonderful. Sock knitters all over the net talk about trying to buy new offerings and having it disappear right out from under them in their carts. Mrs. Weasley has very cute hind feet. ;-}

Suzann said...

Oh what beautiful socks, Ghislaine. Hard to pick a favorite.I like Fleece Artist yarn. Haven't tired Sweet Georgia yet. Now that I have discovered Etsy I see a lot of sock yarns I would like to try

Billie said...

GREAT sock photos! And the blanket's a little piece of creativity, too!

I've always liked that little kid's cardi pattern, and yours is cute as a BUG (you've heard that before, haven't you?)!!

smariek said...

Wow, look at all those socks! I am still working up to knitting my first pair. Is that first sock the SITM Harlequin? They have a bag sale going on right now, but you probably already know... ;-)