Monday, June 4, 2007

The (Hor) Crux of the Matter

It doesn't happen to me very often that I am faced with the perfect combination of elements; in this case, the inspiration from a Harry Potter-related pattern, great yarn and a colourway that charmed me from the moment I saw it. That I can combine these elements and turn out a finished object I am totally enthralled with is an even rarer occurrence. I just love these socks! They were a pleasure to knit from the very start and they actually fit my FFFF (Fat Fred Flintstone Feet).

I would have taken a photo of the socks on said FFFF, but it is too darned hot in my apartment and just the thought of woolly socks on my feet makes me sweat! I do know they fit though because I tried them on as I was knitting the first one (before the heat wave struck).

As you can see, I didn't quite follow the pattern.





On the needles: Monkey Socks. Seacoast Handpainted Yarns (Panda - 60% merino, 30% bamboo, 10% nylon) in the "Seaside" colourway.



I only managed to knit two rows on the Moonlight Sonata shawl this weekend; the pattern requires way too much concentration and my brain just can't seem to handle that at the moment - so I'm keeping it simple ... more socks!

4 comments:

benne said...

Those butterscotch Horcrux socks are fantastic! I am waiting on my sock yarn to arrive. I may need you to hold my hand when I start mine, Ghislaine. I want these socks!

Joan said...

ROFL on the FFFF!

ooh, I just printed out that pattern today, what a coincidence. I love your variation better!

jayne said...

What gorgeous socks! I haven't been attracted to the Horcrux pattern, but you made it look fabulous!!

Glad you enjoyed the yarn :)

BTW, I call my feet FF (Frodo Feet).

Grace said...

I truly admore and respect sock knitters!! They are wonderful!